Tried and True Traditions

School spirit at Bishop’s

PC: Jessie Stafford ('21)

Varsity volleyball stars pictured above. Annecy Crocket (‘22), Jessie Stafford (‘21), Luna Kostic (‘21), and Sophia Forsyth (‘21) killed it on the court last Friday.

Last Friday, the Bishop’s community celebrated Bish Bowl on campus and at La Jolla High School with blackout attire, a barbecue, and a handful of sports games. 

To start the afternoon off strong, the Dungeon showed up to support two heated women’s volleyball games against Santa Fe Christian School. While the junior varsity team dominated by winning in only two sets, Varsity was unable to get the result they wanted but fought hard. “Bishop’s really crushed it out there,” said Karina Kadia (‘22).

After the women’s volleyball and field hockey games, students, parents, and faculty walked to La Jolla High to show support for the football team against Francis Parker School. Quarterback Tyler Buchner (‘21) led the team to a crushing victory of 53-13 with 338 passing yards. This included a 77 yard touchdown pass. 

Off the field, students enjoyed hanging out with friends, watching the mascot race, and cheering on their classmates. Hunter Kates (’22) thinks that Bish Bowl is “a great tradition of school spirit” and that is is “always fun to see your classmates and friends out on the field.”